Monday, January 17, 2011

A Soft Spot


The daily shoot assignment for the day was "Make a photograph with a soft look today." This could take on a few meanings, a photo of something that is soft, something that looks soft, or perhaps even something out of focus. I have plenty of the latter, but none that I would want to post here.

Not long after checking the assignment my daughter asked to watch the cheerleading season DVD her coach had made for the team. I had not watched it yet, as I had gotten teary and nostalgic just from the photo book the coach had made for me. We decided to camp out on the couch and watch the DVD.

The entire time my daughter watched the DVD she was clutching the case. Sometimes her grip was tight and it was held close to her chest, other times she had a softer grip - but it never left her hand. Clearly this season meant a lot to her, and this gift helps keep all those memories in the forefront of our minds. I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this season - the time we spent together, and the new friends that we made.

No comments:

Post a Comment